Prerequisites + Admission Requirements
To apply, start the University of Minnesota graduate school online application. The Humphrey School admissions committee reviews all applications and decisions regarding admissions. Decisions are communicated through the graduate school online system.
Requirements + Prerequisites
- A four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. university or foreign equivalent at time of enrollment.
- A preferred performance level for your undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Mathematics courses at least through algebra
- One-semester course in microeconomics
- Competence in MS Excel and Word is strongly recommended.
- English language competence. If English is not your native language, you must pass the TOEFL or IELTS exam with a minimum score of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (internet based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 for the IELTS. TOEFL or IELTS scores must be less than two years old.
We consider many factors when choosing applicants for admission. We evaluate such attributes as:
- Your prior academic achievement
- Your professional experience
- Leadership and community/public service experience
- The fit between your interests and goals, and the programs at the Humphrey School
- Your potential contribution to the diversity of views and experiences represented at the Humphrey School
- TOEFL score (if required)